1. OpenAI was founded in December 2015 by Elon Musk, Sam Altman, Greg Brockman, Ilya Sutskever, Wojciech Zaremba, and John Schulman.
1. The company's goal is to develop and promote friendly AI in a responsible way.
1. In 2016, OpenAI released its first AI model, GPT-1, which was able to generate human-like text.
1. In 2020 OpenAI also announced OpenAI LP, a new company that will invest in AI startups and companies.
1. OpenAI also published a paper in 2020 that discusses the use of AI in the creation of synthetic media (deepfakes) and its potential impact on society.