Hello dear readers, As you know SEO is the vastest industry in today’s era and it is expanding extremely fast. Multiple big business owners and companies don’t have enough data and teams to gather important SEO statistics.
But in this article, I came up with an interesting topic which let’s you know about the 56 SEO statistics that lead to analyzing the Search engine in-depth. This is the list of completely updated SEO statistics.
I have collected all the data from surveys, Stats websites and directly from the portal. So, let’s read the SEO statistics.
If you want to know about digital marketing stats then click on this link.
#1 – Key SEO Statistics of google
It’s time to learn the SEO statistics about the most popular search engine google and all these statistics from the search engine optimization industry. Let’s move further to know In-depth.
- Shockingly, Google acquired 87.2% of the total search engine marketing as compared to other search engines.
- The #1 organic search result of google gets nearly 30% to 35% of clicks. The percentage decreased according to the ranking.
- In terms of ranking on google, it uses 200+ ranking factors in their algorithms to rank the websites on google. That means, if you implement all these factors in Google SEO then your website will rank on the first page of google.
- Organic search and organic ranking is the best SEO practice according to 53% of marketers. (ROI)
- Averagely, all the blog posts or content on the first page of google contails 2200+ words or more. According to the new update of google, they are now focusing on the length of the article too. Quality and quantity both are important to rank on google.
- Google is not only to read the content or blogs. 57.3% of the consumers from the USA say that they research about the products on google to decide if they should purchase this or not.
- Average salary of the Search engine optimization or SEO professional is nearly $62K Per annum.
- You will be shocked to know that 70% of the pages which are ranking on the first page of google are 3+ years old. It is not a 1 or 2 year game baby.
- According to the professionals, Links, Content and rankbrain are the 3 most crucial google ranking factors to rank any website.
- 65.7% of the people worldwide believe only in organic search results.
How many people use Google every day or Per day?
This is the most popular question in people’s mind because at the time of comparing the google search engine from Bing. As it depends on profession and area. But if we talk about average data, a normal internet user will search on google 5 times a day. There are 1.8 billions internet users in the world. That means 9 billion google searches per day.
Google has not revealed their exact figure that is why it is good to estimate the rough data according to our calculation. 12 to 13 percent of users don’t even open google every day.
How many searches on google per day or per year
As we have analyzed that there are 9 billion searches by google on a daily basis. It clearly means that approximately 1.4 lakh per second. Let’s calculate the per minute and per year data.
- Searches on google per second – 104166 lakh searches
- Searches on google per minute – 62 lakh fifty thousand searches
- Searches on google per hour – 375 million
- Searches on google per day – 9 billion
- Searches on google per month – 270 billion
- Searches on google per year – 3240 billion OR 3.24 trillion
#2- Voice Search sEO statistics
Let’s discuss – What is voice search? Voice search is growing very fast and people are now searching by speaking instead of typing on the keyboard. As it is quite difficult to type in some situations, speaking is such an easy task. For example, if you are travelling on a bus and the road is a little bit rough then it becomes tough to type on a mobile phone. That is why users are now preferring google voice search. Let’s look at the voice search SEO statistics.
- Founder of backlinko analyzed that 40% out of 10000 search results are of google voice search and they are taken from the featured snippet. That means, if you want to come in voice search results then you should be ranked in featured snippets on google.
- Your website should be SSL secured. Websites with HTTPS rank faster on voice search results.
- The title should be 26 to 29 words long or you can say an average word length is 29.
- It is obvious that any website with a high backlink profile tends to rank higher on voice search.
- Special things about google voice search is that averagely a single search gets 1237+shares on facebook.
- The reading level of google voice search is on 9 grade.
- Google voice search result page loads faster than the average page. It is approximately 49% faster.
- The word count is quite high on google voice search results that is 2418 words.
- Maximum results of google voice search are from top 3 ranking pages.
- Mobile voice search is more effective than any other device. So you should rank your website on mobile specially.
- 37% of the alexa users are responsible for voice search.
How many people use google voice search on mobile?
I have not 100% correct SEO statistics but approximately 29% of the users use google voice search. If there are 4 billion mobile users in the world that means 1.56 billion people use voice search every week but not on a daily basis.
#3 – video SEO Statistics
Videos are one of the most preferable ways for entertainment and youtube is the brand ambassador of video platforms. But the main question is that How to optimize videos on youtube? Let’s look at the data and analysis to understand the requirements and needs. These are the Video SEO statistics.
- A video with high number of comments, view counts, number of shares and likes + Maximum view time or hold time tends to have higher chances to rank on youtube. This is enough for higher youtube rankings.
- Most people say that long videos are easy to rank but they are wrong. An average video length is 15 minutes to rank in the top 10. Most of the videos which are ranking on the first page are of 15 to 17 minutes. It is all about quality and other factors.
- Video clarity is also an important factor because it gives us the feel. 70% of the higher ranking videos are HD or ultra HD.
- Keywords in the description and title and video with internal links have maximum changes to rank on youtube.
- There is no term like keyword difficulty on youtube. Don’t think it is google. Youtube has different SEO statistics.
- If you are a blogger then you should know that a blog post with the video gets more backlinks and gets the ultimate boost in google search traffic.
- 98.4% of the people prefer youtube as compared to other competitors.
Marketing through video engagement (Video SEO Statistics)
Do you know, nowadays half of the advertising market is covered by videos. Marketers prefer many types of videos like animation videos or cartoon videos to advertise their product on video platforms.
According to the statista, 50% of international marketers grow their total revenue at 2x speed by using video in their advertising strategy. 70% of the consumers prefer to watch the video of trusted brands before making any purchase or sale.
In India and america, 89% of the internet users prefer to watch a video instead of reading a blog post. You can say that video is replacing the bloggers and content writers.
How many people use youtube?
As you know youtube is a sub part of google. But that does not mean youtube has less users. According to recent data, YouTube has more than 5 billions users worldwide.
you will be shocked to know that 595 hours of video is uploaded on youtube in every single minute. How much storage youtube has. On Average, a single person spends more than half an hour on youtube in a single session.
Youtube is the only platform in the world that does not depend on a single device. It is equally used by laptop users, tablet users and mobile users.
#4 – Local SEO Statistics
Google does not implement any different or secret ranking factors for the local or international ranking. In this section, i will explain you the importance of SEO strategy and how you can use this in any type of business according to the location.
- Nearly 48% of the total google searches are from the locan business and services. That means, 48% of the people search only for the works.
- 27% of the small business websites do not have even H1 tag on their website thats why they face difficulty in ranking.
- 76% of the people just search about the business on their smartphone.
How many local searches per month?
If i talk about the numbers then that is huge. The number of local searches per month are 102 billion. In an year, this statistics reach up to 1.3 trillion. If i divide them in seconds then that is about 50000 per second.
#5 – Mobile SEO Statistics
As you know, google recontely focused on mobile. Now they have switched to the mobile device instead of laptop or PC. This information should not be shocking because most of the people use mobile phone in their daily routine. They can find any type of information on their finger tips. Let’s talk about the Mobile SEO statistics.
- The percentage of the mobile searches are 33% are these are location related.
- If i talk about the all google seaches in mobile device then the stats are shocking that is 62%.
- Desktop gets high CTR as compared to mobile. Organic click through rate is 53% less in mobile phones. That means there are high chances to get maximum clicks on laptops.
- New websites listing get more clicks on mobile as compared to laptop. It is about 9% more.
- 89% of the users use the google search engine in smartphone only on the daily basis.
- Mobile approximately gets 22% of the voice searches.
Maximum or minimum % of searches on mobiles and tablet
Search engine market is totally depends on the mobiles and desktops. Mobile covered the 54.37% searches and tablet is only at 2.4%. Rest is covered by the desktop. But in the end of 2020, the desktop have increased the coverage by 6.45%.
If we look at the google only, total 58% of the searches covered by the mobile. On the other hand, maximum paid clicks are also from the mobile device.
#6 – Backlinks SEO Statistics
Is it right that google value the backlinks in terms of ranking in google search results. In this section, we will look at the important backlinks statistics that will make you sure about the importance of backlinks in search engine optimization.
- It is already proved by the study by backlinko that more referring domains by the different backlinks means your page will rank on google first.
- According to ahrefs, more than 70% pages does not have backlinks pointing to them.
- You will be shocked to know that, long blogposts or articles gets 83% of the backlinks as compare to the short articles.
- The page which is ranking on #1 gets 17% more Dofollow backlinks from the new websites which is really good for their ranking.
- Big companies who are managing blogging websites recieves 93% more backlinks to their website.
#7 – Keywords SEO Statistics
How people search on the google with the help of keywords and what are the important stats related to the keywords?
- You will be amazed to know that more than 65% of the organic clicks covered by the top 5 ranking pages on google.
- 60% of the search queries includes keyword with 4 words.
- Your website’s maximum traffic is hold by those keywords which has 3+ words.
- Pages with FAQ’s gets more clicks in organic search results.
Top 10 Most searched word on google in 2021
Most of the highest searched quries are directly related to the brands and google itself.
- google translate
- google docs
#8 – Search engine trends Statistics
Now we will talk about the SEO statistics. SEO is of a dynamic nature. Google change their algorithms everyweek and it impacts SEO. It is important to understand the SEO statistics to analyse it.
- More than 15.3% of the search queries related to featured snippets.
- 23% of the visitors clicks on more than 1 google search result.
- 76% of te people never click on #8 ranking page.
- Google make #3453 changes every year. In 2018, google reported 3500+ changes in their algos.
- Total searches are 3.6 billion every day on google.
- 96% of the searchers clicks on the organic search results as compare to SEM.
- Google is the most visited search engine. It covered more than 72% of the world’s traffic. Bing gets 13% and baidu gets 11% and yahoo contain 4%.
- 36% of the CTR generated by the top 3 ranking pages on google.
- 98.87 of the articles with featured snippets are ranking on #1 page of google.
- According to the reports of wordstream, brand making helps to increase the CTR by 300%.
Conclusion: SEO statistics
Its my representation of SEO statistics. I was amazed when i was writing this article because some of the stats amazed me and i came to know new information. Let’s discuss in comments. Comment below, which SEO statistics makes you enthusiastic and thrilled.